Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quick Review: Wretch 32 - Learn From My Mixtape


Wretch 32 - Learn From My Mixtape - Quick Review
Originally uploaded by Danny Walker 1.

Passing through the RWD office this week was Wretch 32 (pronounced WRETCH 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2... and not thirty-two) . I admit I wasn't really a fan before (well I dunno all I heard of him before was poor quality radio sets) and was never really impressed. On reflection - and now I'm HOLDING his mixtape with actually good material - I'm now a fan.

Blessed with King Apparel from head-to-toe the self-confessed 'thin breh' hooked me up with a copy of Learn From My Mixtape. iPod ready - I put the well-presented CD in the PC and the tracklisting came on - which is ALWAYS good. Pleasantly surprised by the lyrics and the beats Wretch 32 has lyrics/ bars, songs and talent - 100% honest and shooting from the hip, the mixtape is well worth the £5. Invest people.



He asked me on Myspace [Myspace.com/wretchclart] what I thought.



I replied with.
You know what bro. straight up. I really liked the second half of it. I'm liking your flow it's simple (in a good way) so you can actually hear what you are saying. And when you really listen to your lyrics, you're on-point. My iPod is grateful, thanks again for dropping off the mixtape.



These tracks were big and I think you can do a lot with them.

Used to Be with Scorcher, Ghetto & Mercston
This Life
Can't Say Sorry
- very big
Bad Day
Had To Go - very very big



Chunky B blessed you with some riddims and the other production is good as well.

1 comments:

Hyperfrank said...

i have to agree them tracks u pointed out are the sickest on the mixtape..
wileys was DISAPOINTING