Friday, June 24, 2005

How the hell did I get a job at RWDizzle?


Well after writing RWD & Come Again (what I claimed my own column) I was pestering Matt Mason (the Editor at the time) for a design job. As I had just blagged, sorry, I mean academically studied for and obtained a degree in Graphic Design Business Practice (2:1 If I may add). My aim at the time was to get into the design industry… without success.

Then… I get the call.
There was a job at RWD but it was a writing one. I thought OK, I’m not doing much just some part-time shit; let me see what Mason and the Managing Director have to offer.

The meeting…
You know when you’re in a daze and being pummelled compliments, you don’t know what’s going on. All I heard was blah blah blah… You understand the brand... Blah blah blah… You can bring this this and this to the company. I thought they were going to offer me some freelance writing job, huh, little did I know.

The offer…
£60k a year. Company car (206cc), and Personal Assistant.





As if…

The real offer…
Deputy Editor… I was like shit. I only thought I was getting an extra column or something. Then all I know, the biggest magazine on road was offering me a full-time job. They asked… “Do you wanna look over the contract and get back to us?” Hell I needed a job man but I styled it like a bad man, “Yeah, I’ll look over it and get back to you”.

The Best Thing About My Job…
Apart from the ruthless amount of free shit, going to France to review a computer game was quite good. Also the relaxed office environment, it’s like Secondary School all over again. Except the amount of work you have to do.

The Worst Thing About My Job…
The fact that my mates all think I’m mega rich now, which is the overstatement to end ALL overstatements.

What’s next…
Boy!

0 comments: