Thursday, March 16, 2006

Last Word With the Plastician (Plasticman)

Taken from March's RWD Magazine

We got the DJ formally known as Plasticman to give you his lasts…

Ok, before you sip that tea, the last drink you had?
Probably a cup of tea at my house [laughs]. When I’m out its vodka, lemonade and lime though. It used to be vodka and Red Bull but whenever I drink that, I have these mental dreams.
[Slightly bemused] And the last mental dream???
[Laughs] I have these dreams where I’m drinking water from waterfalls and stuff. I think it’s cos my mouth gets so dry.
Last time you were nearly taken to court over your name?
I got an email from a lawyer representing Richie Hawtin (Plastikman) saying they’re looking to go to court unless I changed my name. To be honest they were really good with it and everything was cool. (See RWDmag.com for full details).
The last time you had to school someone on the difference between grime and dubstep?
Probably sometime today, I have to do it all the time.
Last time you were literally blown away by a tune?
The Murkle Man I think. I just wanted it.
The last track you finished?
Japan, back in October, I haven’t made anything for so long. I tried last night but gave up cos I got board.
The last tune you reloaded? Uploaded? Downloaded?
Cha VIP at Rinsessions, Ministry. A Walk in the Car Park or Stringulate (a sort of a hip hop/ crunk beat). And probably cheese, Bobby Brown Don’t be Cruel... yeah that was the latest addition.
Last thing you blagged?
I got sent something from Nike the other day.
And the last thing you bought with hard earned cash?
Hopefully when I get home I would have won an adidas Superstar leather jacket on eBay.
Last time someone nearly threw up on you?
[Laughs] Ah… you’ve seen the pics from Brussels. We went to a funfair with a 60 metre high swing which was pretty crazy, something dropped there [points ridiculously close to his face]. We thought it was bird’s sh*t but then this girl walks past and she’s COVERED in sick and we realised what it was… discussing!!!


Last loves from The Plastician
The last time you got air or rejected from a chick?
Happens everytime I go out, I don’t care, I’ll say anything. If I get rejected it’s cos SHE’S not ready for what I had to say to her.
Last time you used a bad chat up line?
I don’t use chat up lines, I’ll just say something random like… ‘You’ve got really nice elbows’ or ‘What do you think of Bob Monkhouse?’ Just to see what kind of reaction I’ll get.
The last Valentines present you gave?
When I was with my girl, I took her to the theatre to see a musical (I hate musicals); I can’t think of anything I hate more.
And the last Valentines you received?
I dunno, I can’t remember, probably furry handcuffs.
Last time you were embarrassed in front of a female?
When I met my girlfriend’s parents for the FIRST TIME, I was hammered. It was at a 21st birthday boat party and the staff tried to throw me off, I was so embarrassed.

Catch The Plastician on rotation on Radio One’s The Residency every six weeks from Feb 5th and check out… http://www.thehardgraft.blogspot.com/

0 comments: