Saturday, October 22, 2005

Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Have you still not got your copy yet????

One word… Slipment!!!

Pro Fucking 5 as I call it is the nuts, you thought 4 was good, oooooo weeeee 5 is the shit.

On Thursday I entered the annual PES Cup for members of the press (as you do) and it was a long hard gruelling battle against people who have been playing the game for months. A few real celebs were there like John Terry and Anton Ferdinand, members of the public came to watch like Spoony. Raj and I were repping RWD and felt like we had the whole scene on my shoulders so I had to do well… ok I didn’t have the scene on my shoulders but that kinda adds to the drama. There were 100 entrants from all over, Official PS2 magazine, Official Xbox magazine, Gamesmaster and all kinds of press folk who had been playing the debug version of the game for months.

Anywho…

I was England (as you had to pick International teams only) my first game was 5-0 smacked up some dude. I can’t remember the other scores in my group but I won all three games (9 points baby). Then I got to the last 32, beat a guy 3-1 from Official PS2 Magazine. Going through I got to the last 16 and beat some guy from another PlayStation mag. Just before the game he was boasting that he’d been playing Winning Eleven 9 since June and he knew all these little tricks… They didn’t work as he got banged over same way… I got to the last 8!!!

I was drawn against a guy from The Sun and was 2-0 up almost straight away. It was all going well until he scored… then somehow scored again and it went into extra time.

Minutes from time the bar-steward scored and I thought, ok I can come back from this until he told me it was golden goal and that’s when the dream ended. Getting to the last 8 (out of 100) was cool man and I feel I did myself proud… next year bitches!!!

I didn’t want the £500, brand new chopper bike and years supply of Ben Sherman clothes, winning is a mugs game it’s all about taking part.





Shit who am I kidding? 500 large would have gone down nicely. The chopper bike I would have sold on eBay and the Ben Sherman clothes… hey that’s a years supply of toilet paper I don’t think anyone would pass up.

Big shout to the guy who stumbled at the group stage, Raj aka Mr Miyagi, many thanks for the support dude, if I had waxed on instead of waxing off like you told me to, I’d be wiping my ass with Ben Sherman’s latest right now… Bollocks!!!

0 comments: